Friday, February 6, 2015

Wait, *that's* what you use Post-Its for?

Technically, I work in an office. We have many of the things that other offices have - computers, inbox trays, a microwave, and a temperamental printer. I even got "Caged"on April Fools Day last year! (Thank you, Paisley!) But we definitely don't have some of the things that are staples of other, more "official" offices...staples, for one, but also cubicles, fluorescent lighting, and passive-aggressive notes.

Ah, the passive-aggressive note. I discovered the potential hilarity of this form of correspondence thanks to the internet, and because I had a huge backlog to get through, I binge read them. At first, I laughed! Then, I laughed a little harder! Then...I did that thing where you've been laughing really hard, but suddenly you realize it's not quite as funny anymore, so you kind of stop laughing? Yeah. That thing. And then, I just felt...well, a bit sad, because these missives range from annoying to hurtful, and could be quashed with open, honest communication.

Which is precisely why notes on my computer don't make me sad, because if things are bothering us in the office, we let one another know. Openly. Shocking, I know, but that means you get nice messages like this one:

It really did!
Or this one!

She's really a Jill of all Trades *laugh*
This one is sweet...

Ghost remains at large.

This one might seem odd, but is very high praise:

We really do love manatees...

And this one, which..just...awww...
I love you too!

How different it must be to dread, or just feel mildly annoyed by, those small fluorescent squares of sticky paper!

I was thinking about all of that (umm...I mean I was diligently responding to important emails and updating our deposit logs...) when I heard giggles from down the hall. Naturally, I had to get involved (because hello, giggles) and so I followed the sound to the Little Mermaid's Room and this is what I saw:

I told you there was a Mermaid.

What's that?! Is it...a note?? Is it of the Passive-Aggressive variety?!?!?!

There was a third??
Nope. Notes in the Treehouse remain splendiferous. Either kind and supportive, weird and hilarious, or...umm...this.

Missives and Magic,
Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message right....here....no, wait - here!