Sunday, February 1, 2015

Facepaint! Costumes! Enthusiasm! and...Referees?

Alrighty: I'm hoping that this topic isn't too incendiary for post #3, but Faerie Rose is very, very excited about today and it made me think about how oh so different we Faeries can be from one another, and so while I wait for the food I will only eat one time a year to finish baking, I wanted to write about something I bet you never thought you'd read about on this blog....non-Quidditch sporting events.

So. In general, Faeries and Sporting Events are kind of like Penguins and Redwood Trees...people can like one, or both, but the two don't interact much with one another. In fact, it wasn't until last week that the rest of the Secrefaeries in the Treehouse realized that today was a slow day for bookings due to the Superbowl.

And I get it - well, kind of. I mean, I understand where the Faerie/Sport divide comes from in theory...but in practice? Um. Give me something that necessitates my dressing up in theme colors and costumes, and being loud and enthusiastic in a large group? Sign. Me. UP!

Perhaps it's because the Humans to whom I am closest have specific teams that mean the world to them, but I find it exhilarating to be around a large group of people who, regardless of other differences they may have, are united in this one goal - to cheer! I will admit that after spending a lot of time with one Human in particular, I have narrowed my reckless enthusiasm down to one team...but even though I've only been cheering for them for 6 years as opposed to my whole life, other fans do not care. They like the solidarity, I think! Whee! Not only that, but even though they might find the way I dress to be a bit odd at other times, when you show up with a black and yellow flower crown, they love it *laugh*.

Also I get to wear these socks. Basically, I can dress up like a fancy Hufflepuff. Come on!
It's funny - within the Faerie realm, this gets a little bit more inclusive...because so few of us are excited about this Human tradition, we eschew any sort of rivalry and just say "yay teams!"

And sometimes, we paint ourselves beautifully. I'm looking at you, Rose. Oh! You all want to look at Rose too?? Here she is!

Glitter and Football? Sure, why not!

Get it, girl!
Anywho. No matter what you are doing today, I hope you have a glorious time *smile*. I will say that if you want to get in on the lots-of-snacks-watch-tv-in-a-group-get-excited activity, but football isn't your thing? PUPPY BOWL. Squeeeee!!!!

Apple Trees and Nacho Cheese,
Violet

1 comment:

Leave a message right....here....no, wait - here!