Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Fabric Makes a Faerie Happy


I loooove this part of the behind the scenes Faerie work. I just recently went to Faerie heaven=the fabric store. I browsed the shelves for hours, imagining all the things that could be created. I love thinking of different costumes jumping off the shelves, and twirling around. I mix the colors in my mind, shifting them second to second, like the Fairies from Sleeping Beauty with Aurora's gown.

Finally settling on a few fabrics is agonizing...and then finding trims to match...almost a fatal combination. I have ended up on the floor of a fabric store several times with dozens of bolts in my hands thinking....what do I do?!

After picking up fabric for 5 new costumes, I haven't stopped thinking about one of them. I am making a new Circus Girl, and the fabric is spectacular! I'll attach a picture of it so you can see what form it takes over the next 24 hours. Look for photos of the completed costume within the week!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message right....here....no, wait - here!