Monday, March 8, 2010

Happily Ever Laughter...up up up and away!


This Sunday was hands down amazing. After a long weekend of performing, I don't often explain everything that happened, as sometimes it ends up being a blur. However, I have found myself telling the story of Sunday's party 2-3 times already...and it is only Monday morning.

It all started with an email from a parent asking us about our availability to visit his daughter's celebration. Normal, yes...except for the last line..."will the Faerie mind arriving via helicopter?". I couldn't believe it.

I arrived to the airport on Sunday in my full Faerie Gown, wings, and fancy hair...knowing that I was to be a secret. I quickly rushed into the office of the helicopter company (http://www.r22r44.com/index.php) and hid in a dark room because I heard the birthday girl's voice. She walked into the office and I heard her dad whisper..."honey, I think I saw a Faerie fly in here...". She peeked her little head around the corner and saw me standing in the dark.

"Oh! Oh!" I exclaimed.

"Are you a real Faerie?" she said.

"Yes, well, that's what my mom says...uh...I'm really scared. I flew in here because it was so windy outside and I needed a place to rest...but then I saw those scary blue things in the garage and I don't know if it is safe for me to be here. " I said.

"Oh! Don't worry, silly faerie. Those are helicopters. They aren't scary." she replied.

"Heli-whaters? Will they eat me?" I gasped.

"No! They don't have mouths!" she squealed.

"I don't know...are you a nice person? I hope I can find someone nice so I don't have to be so scared."

"Don't worry, Faerie...I'm really nice. And the helicopters are fun! Would you like to come with me in one to my party?" she said.

"Oh my. Let's do it!" I said.

I gave Gianna a special pair of pink sparkly wings so we could be matching in the helicopter (yes, my wings fit inside!). We walked together to the helicopter and I asked many questions, which she always replied with confident, calming answers. "Do helicopters take baths? Do they like bubbles? Are you sure they won't eat us?" "Faerie, it is ok, my daddy will keep us safe, and helicopters kind of don't take baths."

We flew over the Monterey Bay, and Gianna pointed out things as we flew along (Look! Birds! Some are as high as us!...and...those cows! They are on the ground!). The day was perfect and the ocean was sparkling. I felt like crying.

The helicopter turned around and we started for the party. The party was held near the office on a cute little lawn. They had marked off a section for us to land with cones. All along the edges of the lawn where Gianna's guests...hands clasped in anticipation.

When the doors opened, Gianna's dad helped me exit the helicopter, and the children got their first glimpse of my wings...oh! Their faces! You should have seen them! They looked like they were about to fall over! I skipped over to them and told them not to worry, "don't worry! The helicop thingy won't eat you! Gianna told me! And it doesn't take baths! Wait...are all of you as nice as Gianna?" I said.

"yes!!!!!! we are!" they cried.

"Oh! Fantastic! Then, is it ok if I stay for awhile and play at your party?!!!!" I giggled.

----

The party was wonderful (each child was able to have a turn in the helicopter!), and I returned home to not only find a incredibly nice review on Yelp.com from Gianna's family, but a cute picture of her...completely passed out after such a big day. I am the happiest faerie in the world...and I think she was the happiest birthday girl.



From Yelp.com....

"Here the quick story: totally amazing.
My daughter and all her friends were enchanted. Fae diddle diddle brought some serious magic when she flew in to our party! My family and friends could not have been more pleased. The face painting was the best I've seen. She was able to do a special mask for every kid and it looked perfect for them. Most face painters have a few designs but Fae is the best of the best at doing this. I've never seen 15, 5 year old kids so amazed and focused. Can't say enough good things.
If you are considering this then get Fae. Book in advance you won't be sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message right....here....no, wait - here!