Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fae's New Gown




After many years of upgrading my Faerie dress, I have finally reached complete satisfaction.


I first saw this gown hanging in a little store in Big Sur, Ca many years ago. It is hand made by a local seamstress with beautiful dupioni silk, elaborate silk roses, and corseting up the sides and back. I tried it on, danced around the shop, and then with sadness, put it back on the hanger and left. It has never left my mind. I happened to be traveling by the same little shop 3 years later (last week), and the dress was still there!

I had to save it from it's doom of being covered with dust. Now it can see the light of day, and meet many smiling faces along the way. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful dress. Especially beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message right....here....no, wait - here!